Tuesday, August 2, 2011

LETTER: Thank you ‘Creek Keeper'

LETTER: Thank you ‘Creek Keeper'

Published: Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 3:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 7:08 p.m.
Dear Editor: I'd like to express my thanks and best wishes, albeit from afar, to John Watham and the "Friends of Hurricane Creek." Thank goodness for the leadership that John Watham has provided in the past, and is providing now with his thoughtful and caring plan to clean up Hurricane Creek in the aftermath of the April 27 disaster in Tuscaloosa.
His "old school," natural methods clean-up plan is the right thing to do. And it's not surprising he'd organize a plan like that in view of the history of Mr. Watham's "Creek Keeper" efforts and the overall efforts of the "Friends of Hurricane Creek", with their annual creek clean-up weekends.
I'm sending a little extra "Friends" membership donation this time that I know will be put to good use on old Hurricane Creek, the creek I grew up swimming and fishing in during my childhood and teenage days. Just wish I was closer so I could be there with my hip boots and gloves to give a hand.
John L. Wiley, Tuscaloosa native
Newport News, Va.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. No profanity! No personal attacks please.