Friday, September 25, 2009

Jamestown Villas 09.24.09





From an e-mail sent to Chad Christian and Joe Robinson today, 09/25/09...
"Chad,

"John, I personally walked the entire site and perimeter this afternoon. I did see the uncompacted slope over the debris that you refer to below, and this will not be accepted"

I took your quote to mean that covering the "woody debris" along the back side of Jamestown would "not be accepted".
From your e-mail on 09/18/09...

As you can see, Mr. Burns did not get the message. Today I photographed and video recorded the crew dumping and pushing dirt over the "woody debris". THe video and complete set of photos will be posted to the mudbuster blog as soon as the video up-loads.
http://www.mudbuster.blogspot.com 

My question is this... If this will not be accepted, how are they going to remove it if they keep covering it up? Large clods of red clay are rolling down the hill, jumping the debris pile, and slamming into the silt fences. Some is jumping the fences and landing in the flood plane. Removing the debris from an already unstable bottom adjacent to the flood plane is going to cause more problems, possibly even worse that we have already seen. In my opinion, this could have been prevented if you and Joe had kept your promise of diligence.

No one has worked on any BMP improvements since at least two rain events that can be seen. The only activity I saw was more excavation and covering of the "woody debris".

Look at the lake below. There has been no rain in two days now. The lake is dying daily. A small number of small fish have died already. Last week I found a Snapping Turtle with bright red lesions on his jaw. It is my belief that Jamestown Villas is causing irreparable damage to the lake and the receiving stream below.

What action has the city taken? What action is the city going to take to stop this? Tuscaloosa gerrymandered this into the city and now what are you going to do about the ongoing disaster off-site?

On 09/21/09, I asked for a time to review the site disturbance plans approved and any revisions.
"I would like to set time to view the Jamestown VIllas site disturbance plan in it's original state before any revisions recently added to the document. I would also like to see the revised edition of that plan."

To date, you have not answered.

I ask again...
I would like to set time to view the Jamestown Villas site disturbance plan in it's original state before any revisions recently added to the document. I would also like to see the revised edition of that plan.
When can you set that up? Should I get EPA to ask for them?

Continuing to ignore my request and questions is only going to create more problems for Tuscaloosa."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. No profanity! No personal attacks please.